1. Put your feet up, and stare idly out of the window. Warning: Do not attempt this while driving.
2. Do one thing at a time. Remember multitasking is a moral weakness, if you’re good at it, be civilized and keep it to yourself.
3. Do not be pushed into answering questions. A response is not the same as an answer. Learn to ponder before replying.
4. Yawn often. Medical studies have shown lots of things, and possibly that yawning may be good for you.
5. Don’t skimp on sleep. Cultivate your dreams. Spend more time in bed.
6. Small changes have big effects. Ask yourself what tiny thing can you do more slowly. A little often is better than a lot once in a while.
7. Never waste an opportunity to get comfortable. Develop greater body awareness.
8. Practice doing nothing. (Yes, this is the difficult one.)
9. You’re only alive on Planet Earth for a limited time, so find some time to banish seriousness and laugh (which is what this website is about). If laughing is too difficult, try giggling.
10. Join us and receive Slow News and learn about new slow stories.
10 1/2. Welcome to the Institute where you can get on the slow path to not much.